Dr. Ben Freeman – Ep 87
Dr. Ben Freeman, the Director of the Foreign Influence Transparency Initiative at the Center for International Policy (CIP), stops by the podcast to discuss his own intellectual and professional journey, his work on foreign funding and influence inside the United States, the oft-misunderstood role and defense-industry links American think tanks, why we should ever keep an eye on Saudi machinations, and the related prospects for Biden transition team—with more than a few quips and inside jokes along the way. See his CIP bio page for more details and past publications. Follow Ben on Twitter @BenFreemanDC.
Check out other links to Ben’s recent reports and articles discussed in the interview:
* JAPAN’S INFLUENCE IN AMERICA
* U.S. GOVERNMENT AND DEFENSE CONTRACTOR FUNDING OF AMERICA’S TOP 50 THINK TANKS
* Foreign Funding of Think Tanks in America
* The Saudi Lobby: How the Kingdom Wins in Washington
* Nuclear Weapons Profiteers are Driving the Nukes Debate